USA - Understand USA and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the History, The Way of Life, Native Americans, Arts & Architecture, The Music Scene, The Land & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, Transportation, and Driving in the USA chap-ters from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, arts and landscapes to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids.
- a rundown on the great American sound, from blues to country to hip-hop
- info on the country’s Native American heritage
- full coverage of the people and events that shaped the nation
- details on lifestyles, immigration, religion, sports and politics
Coverage includes: History, The Way of Life, Native Americans, Arts & Architecture, The Music Scene, The Land & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, Transportation, and Driving in the USA.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.