USA - The South (PDF Chapter)
This is the South chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
Arguably the first region of the USA to be considered its own distinct place, the South is de-fined by its cuisine, landscape, accent, literature, music and, undergirding all of the above, histo-ry – one that is long and beautiful in places, brutal and bloody in others.
- lose yourself in the magic of America’s strangest, most celebratory city, New Orleans
- hike and camp amid some of the South’s most magnificent scenery in Great Smoky Moun-tains National Park
- stomp your boots in honkytonks along Lower Broadway in Nashville
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: North Carolina, The Triangle, Charlotte, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, South Carolina, Charleston, Lowcountry, Myrtle Beach, Greenville & the Upcountry, Tennessee, Memphis, Nashville, Kentucky, Louisville, Bluegrass Country, Geor-gia, Atlanta, Alabama, Birmingham, Montgomery, Selma, Mobile, Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi Delta, Jackson, Natchez, Gulf Coast, Arkansas, Little Rock, Hot Springs, Tri-Peaks Region, Ozark Mountains, Louisiana, New Orleans & Around, St Francisville, Cajun Country, Cajun Wet-lands.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.