USA - The South (PDF Chapter)
This is the South chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
The South was arguably the first region of the USA to be considered that – a ‘region’ of cul-tural and geographic distinction, defined by its own cuisine, landscape, accent, literature, music and, under-girding all of the above, history.
- lose yourself in the magic of New Orleans, America’s strangest, most celebratory city
- hike and camp amid the South’s most magnificent scenery in Great Smoky Mountains Na-tional Park
- stomp your boots in honky-tonks along Lower Broadway in Nashville
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: North Carolina, North Carolina Coast, The Triangle, Charlotte, North Carolina Mountains, South Carolina, Charleston, Mt Pleasant, Lowcountry, North Coast, Greenville & the Upcountry, Tennessee, Memphis, Nashville, Eastern Tennessee, Kentucky, Louisville, Bluegrass Country, Central Kentucky, Georgia, Atlanta, Northern Georgia, Coastal Georgia, Alabama, Birmingham, Montgomery, Selma, Mobile, Mississippi, Oxford, Missis-sippi Delta, Jackson, Natchez, Gulf Coast, Arkansas, Little Rock, Hot Springs, Tri-Peaks Region, Ozark Mountains, Louisiana, New Orleans, Around New Orleans, Northern Louisiana.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island - Newfoundland & Labrador (PDF Chapter)