USA - The Great Plains (PDF Chapter)
This is the Great Plains chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
Great scenery, great tornadoes, great eats and great people can be found amid the endless horizons and raw natural drama of the Great Plains. With many sights lying near the interstates and along ever-intriguing small roads, they await intrepid explorers.
- immerse yourself in the blues rhythms of one of America’s great old cities: St Louis
- go from mountain highs in the Black Hills to valley lows in Badlands National Park
- gape at the wildly striated, otherworldly landscapes of Theodore Roosevelt National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Missouri, St Louis, St Charles, Hannibal, The Ozarks, Kansas City, Independence, St Joseph, Iowa, Des Moines, Davenport, Iowa City, Amana Colo-nies, Mt Vernon, Dubuque, Cedar Valley, North Dakota, Fargo, Bismarck, Theodore Roosevelt National Park, Rugby, South Dakota, Sioux Falls, Chamberlain, Pierre, Wall, Badlands National Park, Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, Black Hills, Nebraska, Omaha, Lincoln, Grand Island, North Platte, Valentine, Nebraska Panhandle, Kansas, Wichita, Lawrence, Topeka, Abilene, Chase County, Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, Western Oklahoma, Tulsa, Guthrie, Anadarko, Claremore, Muskogee, Tahlequah.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.