*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
USA - Texas (PDF Chapter)
This is the Texas chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
Cattle ranches, pickup trucks, cowboy boots and thick Texas drawls are all part of life in Texas, plus beaches, national parks, historic towns, citified shopping and nightlife, a vibrant music scene, and nearly year-round warm weather ideal for outdoor activities.
- scoot across a well-worn wooden floor at Texas’ oldest dance hall in Gruene
- stroll scenic San Antonio’s Riverwalk, stopping at cafes and waterside restaurants along the way
- get your fill of live music, backyard bars and wildly creative food trucks in Austin
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: South-Central Texas, Austin & Around, Hill Country, San Antonio, Houston & Around, Southern Gulf Coast, Aransas National Wildlife Refuge, Corpus Christi & Around, South Padre Island, The Valley, Dallas-Fort Worth, Dallas, Fort Worth, West Texas, Big Bend National Park & Around, El Paso, Hueco Tanks State Historical Park and Guadalupe Mountains National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.