USA - Texas (PDF Chapter)
This is the Texas chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
Cue the theme music, and make it something epic: Texas is as big and sweeping a state as can be imagined. And as big as it is geographically, it is equally as large in people’s imagina-tions.
- scoot across the well-worn wooden floor of Gruene Hall, Texas’ oldest dance hall
- stroll by cafes and riverside restaurants along the promenade in San Antonio
- get your fill of live music, backyard bars and wildly creative food trucks in Austin
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Austin & Around, San Antonio & The Hill Country, Houston, Clear Lake & Around, Gulf Coast, Galveston, Corpus Christi, Padre Island National Seashore, South Padre Island, Dallas, Fort Worth, Big Bend National Park, Big Bend Ranch State Park, El Paso, Guadalupe Mountains National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.