USA - Texas (PDF Chapter)
This is the Texas chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
Texas boasts beaches, sprawling national parks, historic towns, citified shopping and night-life, a vibrant music scene, and nearly year-round warm weather perfect for hiking, cycling, rock climbing and kayaking. So saddle up for adventure: the Lone Star state is ready to ride.
- scoot across the well-worn wooden floor of Texas’ oldest dance hall, Gruene Hall
- stroll by cafes and riverside restaurants along the promenade in San Antonio
- get your fill of live music, backyard bars and wildly creative food trucks in Austin
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Central Texas, Austin & Around, San Antonio & The Hill Country, East Texas, Houston, Clear Lake, Gulf Coast & South Texas, Galveston, Corpus Christi , Padre Island National Seashore, South Padre Island, Dallas-Fort Worth, Dallas, Fort Worth, West Texas, Big Bend National Park, Big Bend Ranch State Park, Central West Texas, El Paso, Guadalupe Mountains National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.