USA - Southwest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southwest chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
The Southwest is America’s wild backyard, luring adventurous travelers with red-rock can-yons, Wild West legends and the kicky delights of green-chile stew. It’s an ideal destination for road-trippers, with a splendid network of scenic drives linking the most beautiful and iconic sites.
- catch the sunset from a South Rim viewpoint in Grand Canyon National Park
- explore the cultural diversions, from Meow Wolf to international folk art, in Santa Fe
- stay brave while hiking Angels Landing, Zion National Park, a stunning slice of Utah can-yonland
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nevada, Las Vegas & Around, Western Nevada, The Great Basin, Arizona, Phoenix, Grand Canyon National Park & Around, Tucson & Around, Utah, Salt Lake City, Park City & Wasatch Mountains, Moab, Zion, New Mexico, Albuquerque, Along I-40, Santa Fe & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.