USA - Rocky Mountains (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rocky Mountains chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
Welcome to where the US takes on truly epic proportions. Here in Colorado, Wyoming, Mon-tana and Idaho, the Great Plains of the American West collide with the drama-filled Rockies, one of the most beautiful mountain ranges on Earth.
- spot bears, wolves and bison between hot springs and geysers in Yellowstone National Park
- revel in Hollywood-gone-cowboy in Aspen, Colorado’s premier party resort
- hike and climb the craggiest of mountains in Grand Teton National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Colorado, Denver, Boulder, Northern Mountains, Wyoming, Cheyenne, Laramie, Lander, Jackson, Cody, Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Montana, Bozeman & Gallatin Valley, Billings, Helena, Missoula, Whitefish, Glac-ier National Park, Idaho, Boise, Ketchum & Sun Valley, Stanley.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.