USA - Pacific Northwest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Pacific Northwest chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
As much a state of mind as a geographical region, the northwest corner of the US is a land of subcultures and new trends, where evergreen trees frame snow-dusted volcanoes, and inspired ideas scribbled on the back of napkins become tomorrow’s start-ups.
- cycle and kayak around the quieter corners of San Juan Islands
- explore the gorgeous Oregon Coast, from scenic Astoria to balmy Port Orford
- admire trees older than Europe’s Renaissance castles in Olympic National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Washington, Seattle, Olympia, Olympic Peninsula, San Juan Islands, North Cascades, South Cascades, Oregon, Portland, Willamette Valley, Co-lumbia River Gorge, Oregon Cascades, Oregon Coast.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation