USA - New York, New Jersey & Pennsylvania (PDF Chapter)
This is the New York, New Jersey & Pennsylvania chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
Where else could you visit an Amish family’s farm, camp on a mountaintop, read the Declaration of Independence and view New York, New York from the 86th floor of an art-deco landmark – all in a few days?
- dive into a kaleidoscope of world-class sights and international cultures in New York City
- enjoy the kitsch, kettle corn, coastline and calm of Jersey Shore
- explore colonial American history and quirky local flavour in Philadelphia
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: New York City, New York State, Long Island, Hudson Valley, Catskills, Finger Lakes, The Adirondacks, Thousand Islands, Western New York, New Jersey, Hoboken, Princeton, Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Dutch Country, Pennsylvania Wilds, Pittsburgh.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation