USA - New England (PDF Chapter)
This is the New England chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
The history of New England is the history of America. It’s the Pilgrims who came ashore at Plymouth Rock, the minutemen who fought for independence from Britain, and the abolitionists who challenged America’s legacy of slavery.
- follow the footsteps of Colonial rabble-rousers on the Freedom Trail in Boston
- romp in the sand and surf on Aquinnah Public Beach, one of the gorgeous beaches on Martha’s Vineyard
- listen to world-class music under the stars at the Tanglewood Music Festival in Lenox
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Massachusetts, Boston & Around, Cape Cod, The Is-lands, Pioneer Valley, The Berkshires, Rhode Island, Providence, Newport, East Bay, Connecti-cut, Hartford, Litchfield Hills, Connecticut Coast, Vermont, New Hampshire, Lakes Region, White Mountains, Hanover, Maine, Ogunquit, Portland.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.