USA - Great Lakes (PDF Chapter)
This is the Great Lakes chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
Don’t be fooled by all the corn. Behind it lurks surfing beaches and Tibetan temples, car-free islands and the green-draped lights of the aurora borealis. Roll call for the region’s cities starts with Chicago, with what is arguably the country’s mightiest skyline.
- absorb Chicago’s skyscrapers, museums, festivals and foodie bounty
- embrace Detroit’s can-do spirit and partake of its art, eateries and neighborhood bicycle rides
- paddle deep into Boundary Waters’ piney woods and sleep under a blanket of stars
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Illinois, Chicago & Around, Indiana, Indianapolis, Ohio, Cleveland, Erie Lakeshore & Islands, Ohio Amish Country, Columbus, Yellow Springs, Dayton, Cincinnati, Michigan, Detroit, Dearborn, Ann Arbor, Gold Coast, Straits of Mackinac, Up-per Peninsula, Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Minneapolis, St Paul.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.