*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
USA - Great Lakes (PDF Chapter)
This is the Great Lakes chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
Don’t be fooled by all the corn. Behind it lurks surfing beaches and Tibetan temples, car-free islands and the green-draped night-lights of the aurora borealis. And then, of course, there’s the bright lights of Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis and rockin’ Detroit.
- absorb the skyscrapers, museums, festivals and foodie bounty of Chicago
- embrace Detroit’s can-do spirit and partake of its art, eateries and neighborhood bicycle rides
- slow down for clip-clopping horses and buggies in Ohio’s Amish Country
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Illinois, Chicago & Around, Central Illinois, Southern Illinois, Indiana, Indianapolis, Central Indiana, Southern Indiana, Northern Indiana, Ohio, Cleve-land, Erie Lakeshore & Islands, Ohio Amish Country, Columbus, Yellow Springs, Dayton, Cin-cinnati, Southeastern Ohio, Michigan, Detroit, Dearborn, Ann Arbor, Central Michigan, Gold Coast, Straits of Mackinac, Upper Peninsula, Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Racine, South Central Wisconsin, Southwest Wisconsin, Eastern Wisconsin, Northern Wisconsin, Minnesota, Minne-apolis, St Paul, Southern Minnesota, Northern Minnesota.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.