*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
USA - California (PDF Chapter)
This is the California chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
With bohemian spirit and high-tech savvy, not to mention a die-hard passion for the good life, California soars beyond any expectations sold on Hollywood’s silver screens. Stop here for gold-rush history, hiking, opulent mansions, star-studded nightlife and legendary beaches.
- chase waterfalls and climb granite domes in Yosemite National Park
- make the most of multicultural neighborhoods and Hollywood’s red-carpet nightlife in Los Angeles
- cruise Hwy 1 atop sculpted sea cliffs on the bohemian Big Sur coast
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, History, Los Angeles, Southern California Coast, Palm Springs & the Deserts, Central Coast, San Francisco & the Bay Area, Northern California and Sierra Nevada.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.