USA - California (PDF Chapter)
This is the California chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
From misty Northern California redwood forests to sun-kissed Southern California beaches, the enchanted Golden State makes Disneyland seem normal. Combining bohemian spirit and high-tech savvy, California embraces contrast and contradictions.
- chase waterfalls and climb granite domes in Yosemite National Park
- make the most of Los Angeles’ multicultural neighborhoods, Hollywood studios and red-carpet nightlife
- cruise Hwy 1 atop sculpted seacliffs on the bohemian Big Sur coast
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Los Angeles, Southern Californian Coast, Disneyland & Anaheim, Orange County Beaches, San Diego, Palm Springs, Joshua Tree National Park, Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, Mojave National Preserve, Death Valley National Park, Central Coast, Santa Barbara & Around, San Luis Obispo, Morro Bay, Hearst Castle, Big Sur, Car-mel-by-the-Sea, Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Francisco & Around, Marin County, Berkeley, Wine Country, North Coast, Sacramento, Gold Country, California’s Northern Mountains, Sierra Neva-da.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation