*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
USA - Alaska (PDF Chapter)
This is the Alaska chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
Raw, unforgiving and humongous in scale, nowhere else in North America can you climb an unclimbed mountain, walk where no human has trodden before, or venture into a national park that gets fewer annual visitors than the International Space Station.
- view the world’s largest bears feast on salmon on emerald green Kodiak Island
- uncover Russia’s history in Alaska at Sitka National Historical Park
- hike alongside Alaska’s most popular river of ice, Mendenhall Glacier
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Anchorage, Southeast Alaska, Wrangell, Sitka, Juneau, Haines, Skagway, The Interior and Fairbanks.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.