USA - Alaska (PDF Chapter)
This is the Alaska chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
Pure, raw, unforgiving and humongous in scale, Alaska is a place that arouses basic in-stincts. With scant phone coverage and a dearth of hipsterfriendly coffee bars to plug in your iPad, Alaska is a region for ‘doing’ rather than observing.
- gawk at the hulking, icy mass of Mt McKinley (Denali) in Denali National Park & Pre-serve
- view the world’s largest bears feasting on salmon on emerald-green Kodiak Island
- uncover Russia’s history in Alaska in Sitka National Historical Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Anchorage, Southeast Alaska, Wrangell, Sitka, Ju-neau, Haines, Skagway, Glacier Bay National Park & Preserve, Ketchikan, Fairbanks.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.