*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.Our warehouse is closed March 28-30th too, in case you were wondering.
Ukraine - The Carpathians (PDF Chapter)
This is the Carpathians chapter from Lonely Planet's Ukraine guidebook.
Clipping the country’s southwest corner, the Carpathian arc has endowed Ukraine with a crinkled region of forested hills and fast-flowing rivers that feel a continent away from the flatness of the steppe.
- set up base camp in Kolomyya to visit its museums and arrange hikes into the hills
- soak up the easy-going atmosphere of cosmopolitan Uzhhorod, a border town with attitude on the frontier with Slovakia.
- wander the pastel-coloured heart of Ivano-Frankivsk, a pleasant gateway to the mountains
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ivano-Frankivsk, Carpathian National Nature Park & Around, Yaremche, Bukovel, Vorokhta, Kolomyya, Kosmach, Kosiv, Sheshory, Verkhovyna, Rakhiv, Bukovyna, Chernivtsi, Khotyn, Transcarpathia. Uzhhorod, Mukacheve.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.