Ukraine - Kyiv (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kyiv chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ukraine guidebook.
As revolution has come and gone, and as war in the east smoulders, Ukraine’s capital has undergone a cultural rebellion. A creative wave has swept the city, embodied by urban art, vin-tage cafes and 24-hour parties. Seemingly overnight, Kyiv has become hip.
- admire the beauty of Orthodox ritual and meet the mummies of the famous Kye-vo-Pecherska Lavra
- stand on the hallowed central square, Maydan Nezalezhnosti, where duelling revolutions changed Ukrainian history
- join the hipster masses to explore Kyiv’s electric bar scene
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Kyiv.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.