*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Ukraine - Eastern Ukraine (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Ukraine chapter from Lonely Planet's Ukraine guidebook.
Ukraine’s east isn’t all about slag heaps, oligarchs and high-ranking kleptocrats. It also includes places that are key to understanding Ukraine, such as the Zaporizhska Sich, Gogol’s Poltava region and Unesco-listed Chernihiv. Even Ukraine’s second city Kharkiv has its moments, as do dynamic Dnipropetrovsk and Donetsk.
- dip in and out of ancient churches and monasteries in sleepy Chernihiv
- go full circle in pursuit of Ukrainian literary heritage on the Gogol Circuit
- don your widest trousers and grow a ponytail to visit the Cossacks on Khortytsya Island in Zaporizhzhya
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chernihiv, Myrhorod, Poltava. Kharkiv, Donetsk, Sviatohirsk, Dnipropetrovsk, Zaporizhzhya.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.