Ukraine - Eastern Ukraine (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Ukraine chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ukraine guidebook.
The region was hit hardest by the crisis precipitated by the 2014 revolution. Donetsk and Luhansk are on the front line of a simmering conflict, but the rest of eastern Ukraine is safe to travel in, provided that you watch the news.
- eat, drink, dance and learn at Kharkiv’s antiquated plants turned arts and education cen-tres, Fabrika
- hop on a time machine in the historic core of Chernihiv, Dytynets
- confront Ukrainian Cossack cavalry in the middle of the Dnipro River at Khortitsa Eques-trian Theatre
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chernihiv, Myrhorod, Poltava, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Za-porizhzhya.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.