Ukraine - Central Ukraine (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Ukraine chapter from Lonely Planet’s Ukraine guidebook.
Layered with dark fertile soil, Ukraine’s breadbasket heartlands are split between forested Polissya to the north and the endless agricultural flatlands of Podillya to the south. Some say this region epitomises the ‘real Ukraine’ and, frankly, it would be hard to argue with that.
- lay photographic siege to the medieval island town of Kamyanets-Podilsky and its dramatic fortress
- enjoy Vinnytsya’s range of quirky attractions, such as Ukraine’s most spectacular water feature
- step back to the days of the USSR in Zhytomyr’s Korolyov Cosmonaut Museum, a classic celebration of Soviet space successes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Polissya, Zhytomyr, Berdychiv, Podillya, Uman, Vin-nytsya & Around, Kamyanets-Podilsky.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation