Tuscany Road Trips - World Heritage Wonders Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the World Heritage Wonders chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tuscany Road Trips guidebook.
From Rome to Venice, this tour of Unesco World Heritage sites takes in some of Italy’s greatest hits, including the Colosseum and the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and some lesser-known treasures.
- experience opera, history and drama in romantic Verona
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- lose your heart to Venice, Italy’s unique canal city
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- explore the enchanting warren of lanes and piazzas in Siena’s medieval centre
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Rome, Siena, Florence, Pisa, Modena, Verona, Padua, Venice, Eastern Tuscany, Arezzo, Cortona, Southern Tuscany, Chianti, Greve in Chianti, San Gimignano, Montalcino, Pienza, Monticchiello, Montepulciano, Sovana, Pitigliano, Northern Tuscany, Lucca, Pietrasanta, Lazio, Cerveteri, Tarquinia, Viterbo and Italy Travel Guide.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.