Tuscany Road Trips - Tuscan Landscapes Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tuscan Landscapes chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tuscany Road Trips guidebook.
Rolling hills capped by delightful medieval towns, golden wheat fields and snaking lines of cypress trees – immerse yourself in Tuscan scenery on this trip through the region’s southern stretches.
- sip fine wine and savour sweeping views in hilltop Montepulciano
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore Pienza – a pocket-sized model of Renaissance perfection
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- see why Orvieto’s majestic clifftop cathedral took centuries to complete
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Siena, San Quirico d’Orcia, Pienza, Osteria La Porta, Montepulciano, Chiusi, Orvieto, Florence, Eastern Tuscany, Arezzo, Cortona, Southern Tuscany, Chianti, Greve in Chianti, San Gimignano, Montalcino, Monticchiello, Sovana, Pitigliano and Italy Travel Guide.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.