Turkey - Thrace & Marmara (PDF Chapter)
Grand narratives have unfolded in this corner of Turkey for millenniums, leaving an extraordinary archaeological site (Troy), a city of Ottoman buildings (Edirne), historically significant battlefields (Gallipoli) and a fascinating and physically beautiful island outpost (Gökçeada) for visitors to explore.
- visit Selimiye Mosque, the exquisite World Heritage-listed building in the former Ottoman capital of Edirne
- sample local wine and food at vineyards among stunning scenery along the Thrace Wine Route
- investigate the fascinating Greek heritage and windswept landscape on the Aegean island of Gökçeada
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Edirne, Tekirdağ, Gallipoli Peninsula, Eceabat, Çanakkale, Troy (Truva) and Gökçeada.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.