Turkey - Eastern Anatolia (PDF Chapter)
Despite Eastern Anatolia’s awe-inspiring landscapes and ruins, you may have precipitous gorges, expansive steppe, soaring mountains and highland pastures to yourself. No wonder the region, especially the Kaçkar Mountains, is prime territory for trekking, skiing and white-water rafting.
- lose yourself in the ruins of Ani, the medieval Armenian capital strewn across the windswept steppe
- trek across 3000m-plus passes or high-level yaylalar (mountain pastures) in the Kaçkar Mountains, or enjoy day walks from quaint villages such as Barhal or Olgunlar
- explore the haunting remains of 1000-year-old Georgian churches such as Öşkvank
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Erzurum, Kaçkar Mountains, Western Kaçkars, Eastern Kaçkars, Far Northeast, Georgian Valleys, Kars, Ani, Doğubayazıt, Mt Ararat and Nemrut Dağı National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.