Turkey - Black Sea Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is a historic region, scattered with the legacies of civilisations and empires that ebbed and flowed like Black Sea waves. While many visitors flock the Mediterranean or the Aegean, Turks know the Black Sea is equally deserving.
- climbing through pine forests to Sumela Monastery, a cliff-hugging wonder
- enjoy the cosmopolitan hum of the historic port of Sinop
- count the vertigo-inducing curves on the scenic D010 coastal highway from Amasra to Sinop
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Amasra & around, Sinop & around, Samsun, Ünye, Ordu, Trabzon, Sumela Monastery, Uzungöl, Rize and Hopa.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation