Turkey - Ankara & Central Anatolia (PDF Chapter)
This central sweep of Turkey was where Atatürk forged his secular revolution along dusty Roman roads that all lead to Ankara, while Central Anatolia is the meeting point between the fabled past and the present.
- turn back the clocks in Safranbolu among Çarşı’s cobblestones and timber-framed houses
- brush up on Turkey’s roots at the Museum of Anatolian Civilisations, the country’s premier museum in Ankara
- pay homage to Rumi at the Mevlâna Museum then explore Konya’s glut of Seljuk and Ottoman architecture
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ankara & around, Safranbolu, Boğazkale, Hattuşa & Yazılıkaya, Alacahöyük, Çorum, Amasya, Tokat, Sivas and Konya & around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only. *Not available for newer titles
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.