Trekking in the Nepal Himalaya - Western Nepal (PDF Chapter)
The allure of Western Nepal is the immense scale of the landscape; extensive forests and alpine meadows give way to wave after wave of stark ridges that spread through the rain shadow of the Himalaya, all framed by snowcapped peaks.
- camp by the meditative turquoise waters of Phoksumdo Lake, Nepal’s deepest and most beautiful lake
- trek through verdant, bird-filled forests to the tranquil shores of Rara Lake for a rare taste of picture-postcard wilderness
- walk with yak caravans and exploring the stone villages and Bön monasteries of the upper Tarap Valley
- accommodation & supplies
Coverage includes: Rara National Park & Lake Trek, Dolpo, Jumla to Dunai Trek, Kagmara La Trek, Phoksumdo Lake Trek, Phoksumdo Lake via Do Tarap Trek, Beni to Dolpo Trek, Inner Dolpo, Phoksumdo Lake to Shey Gompa Trek, Humla, Limi Valley Trek, Shey Gompa to Jomsom, Around Dhaulagiri, Guerrilla Trek, Saipal Base Camp Trek, Nepalganj, Jumla, Dunai, Beni and Simikot.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.