Trekking in the Nepal Himalaya - Langtang, Helambu & Manaslu (PDF Chapter)
The Langtang Valley has long been the choice of trekkers with limited time. Unfortunately, Langtang, Helambu and Manaslu were the three areas hardest hit by the 2015 earthquakes and will likely be off-limits to trekkers until at least mid-2016.
- trekking after the 2015 earthquakes
- the Sherpas of Helambu
- seeking local information on the current status of trails and lodges in this region
- accommodation & supplies
Coverage includes: Langtang Valley, Langtang Valley Trek, Ganja La Trek, Gosainkund Trek, Helambu, Helambu Circuit Trek, Manaslu Himal, Around Manaslu Trek, Dhunche, Syabrubesi, Thulo Bharkhu, Sundarijal, Thimbu and Arughat, Gorkha.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.