Trekking in the Nepal Himalaya - Kathmandu (PDF Chapter)
Kathmandu can be an intoxicating, amazing and exhausting place – stroll through the backstreets and Kathmandu’s timeless cultural and artistic heritage will reveal itself in hidden temples overflowing with marigolds, courtyards full of drying chillies and rice, and tiny hobbit-sized workshops.
- admire the amazing architectural monuments that defied the earthquake in Durbar Square, whose artistic and architectural legacy rivals the great cities of Europe
- dine on momos (dumplings) and wild boar to the beat of madal (drums) and bansari (flutes) at one of the city’s classy Newari restaurants
- ensure the love of friends and family by snapping up the bargains in Thamel’s shops
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife and Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation