Trekking in the Nepal Himalaya - Everest Region (PDF Chapter)
Mt Everest has been calling out to trekkers and climbers since it first appeared in the telescopes of mountain surveyors. The trekking routes here start higher and stay higher, offering unrivalled views of the world’s highest peaks.
- sneak a peek at the highest peak on earth from Kala Pattar
- scramble over the rugged Kongma La pass for views of Makalu on the challenging Three Passes trek
- join the monks for morning prayers at Tengboche Gompa
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Everest Base Camp Trek, Gokyo Trek, Three Passes Trek, Shivalaya to Lukla Trek, Numbur Cheese Circuit, Dudh Kunda–Pikey Cultural Trail, Lukla, Shivalaya and Namche Bazaar.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation