Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Trekking in the Nepal Himalaya - Eastern Nepal (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
Far from the epicentre of the 2015 earthquake, the foothills of Kanchenjunga and Makalu offer some of the most exciting trekking in Nepal, passing by terraced rice fields, dense rhododendron forests and the desolate landscapes of the high Himalaya.
- relive the glory days of trekking on the peaceful exit route from Lukla to Tumlingtar
- visit the mountain villages of Tashigaon, Pangum and Mamanke, home to Sherpas, Rais, Limbus and Walungs – ancient peoples who can trace their history to medieval Tibet
- camp your way up to ‘the throne of the gods’ – mighty Makalu, the fifth-highest peak on earth
- accommodation & supplies
Coverage includes: Arun Valley & Makalu, Lukla to Tumlingtar Trek, Makalu Base Camp Trek, Kanchenjunga, Kanchenjunga North Trek, Kanchenjunga South Trek, Pathibhara & Limbu Cultural Trail, Tumlingtar, Khandbari, Biratnagar, Dharan, Hile, Taplejung and Basantpur.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.