Trans-Siberian Railway - Yekaterinburg to Krasnoyarsk (PDF Chapter)
This is the Yekaterinburg to Krasnoyarsk chapter from Lonely Planet’s Trans-Siberian Railway guidebook.
This leg of the journey starts in the Urals with the historically important city of Yekaterinburg. The train then moves into Siberia and eventually on to its buzzing capital, Novosibirsk. Both cities are worth a stop.
- trace the historical contours of the murder of Russia’s last tsar and his family at the Church upon the Blood in Yekaterinburg
- explore Siberia’s old capital, Tobolsk, with its glorious snow-white Kremlin and old town
- take time out in Novosibirsk, Siberia’s capital, with its bustling bars and varied muse-ums
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Yekaterinburg, Tyumen, Tobolsk, Omsk, Novosibirsk, Tomsk.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.