Trans-Siberian Railway - Ulan-Ude to Vladivostok (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ulan-Ude to Vladivostok chapter from Lonely Planet’s Trans-Siberian Rail-way guidebook.
The Trans-Siberian’s last leg covers a staggering 3648km as it rolls into Russia’s ‘wild east’. This region has always lived by its own rules. The people, like the countryside, are a bit wilder and more rugged than their Western brethren.
- discover the Russian Far East’s most interesting and cosmopolitan city, Vladivostok
- enjoy a scenic riverside stroll, admire grand architecture and then join in the nightlife of the student town of Khabarovsk
- take in exquisite tsarist buildings by the Amur River in the old Russian frontier town of Blagoveshchensk
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chita, Blagoveshchensk, Birobidzhan, Khabarovsk, Vladivostok.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.