*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Trans-Siberian Railway - The Trans-Mongolian Route (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Trans-Mongolian Route chapter from Lonely Planet’s Trans-Siberian Railway guidebook.
The Trans-Mongolian route is the most diverse leg of the cross-continental journey, cutting across three distinct cultures, landscapes and languages. It includes some of the most awe-inspiring sights of the long journey.
- enjoying a meal of boiled mutton and fermented mare’s milk in a ger (yurt) on the vast Mongolian steppes
- attending a mystical ceremony at the country’s largest monastery, Ulaanbaatar’s Gandan Khiid
- absorbing some of the earth’s energy at Shambhala, near Khamaryn Khiid
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kyakhta, Darkhan, Ulaanbaatar & Around, Sainshand, Zamyn-Üüd, Dàtóng & Around.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.