Trans-Siberian Railway - The Trans-Mongolian Route (PDF Chapter)
This is the Trans-Mongolian Route chapter from Lonely Planet’s Trans-Siberian Rail-way guidebook.
The Trans-Mongolian route is the most diverse leg of the cross-continental journey, cutting across three distinct cultures, landscapes and languages. It includes some of the most awe-inspiring sights of the long journey.
- hike or horseback ride in the hills and valleys near Ulaanbaatar, in Gorkhi-Terelj National Park
- walk the prayer circuit around Gandan Khiid, the country’s largest monastery, in Ulaanbaatar
- learn about Mongolia’s ancient past at the impressive National Museum of Mongolia
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Darkhan, Ulaanbaatar & Around, Sainshand, Zamyn-Üüd, Dàtóng & Around.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.