*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Trans-Siberian Railway - The Trans-Manchurian Route (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Trans-Manchurian Route chapter from Lonely Planet’s Trans-Siberian Railway guidebook.
For connoisseurs of obscure rail routes, the Trans-Manchurian Railway ranks high on the wish list. It’s not on the main line to Vladivostok, nor does it take the ‘tourist route’ via Mongolia; rather, the weekly Vostok (19/20) chugs through China’s rust belt, where foreign faces are few and far between.
- hanging out with Russian traders in the prosperous border town of M?nzh?ul?
- experiencing the unique fusion of historic Russia and modern China on the cobblestone streets of H?’?rb?n’s Dàol?q? district
- viewing some majestic felines at the Siberian Tiger Park, just outside H?’?rb?n
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: M?nzh?ul?, H?’?rb?n, Chángch?n, Sh?nh?igu?n.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.