Trans-Siberian Railway - The Trans-Manchurian Route (PDF Chapter)
This is the Trans-Manchurian Route chapter from Lonely Planet’s Trans-Siberian Rail-way guidebook.
For connoisseurs of obscure rail routes, the Trans-Manchurian Railway ranks high on wish lists. It’s not on the main line to Vladivostok, nor does it take the ‘tourist route’ via Mongolia; rather, it chugs through China’s rust belt, where foreign faces are few.
- snap a selfie beside the giant matryoshki in quirky Russian Doll Park
- brave the cold to see the spectacular ice sculptures carved at the Harbin Ice & Snow Festival
- contemplate Harbin’s past at the Church of St Sophia, the largest Orthodox church in the Far East
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Manzhouli, Harbin, Chángchun, Shanhaiguan.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.