*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.Our warehouse is closed March 28-30th too, in case you were wondering.
Trans-Siberian Railway - The Baikal-Amur Mainline (BAM) (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Baikal-Amur Mainline (BAM) chapter from Lonely Planet’s Trans-Siberian Railway guidebook.
Most people know the Trans-Siberian Railway, but how many can say they’ve heard of the ‘other’ Trans-Sib, its poor country cousin, the BAM (Baikal-Amur Mainline or Baikalo-Amurskaya Magistral)? The branch line to end all branch lines, the BAM begins as a set of points at Tayshet and ends more than 4200 lonely kilometres further east at Sovetskaya Gavan, passing through some jaw-slackeningly off-the-map places en route. As great railway journeys go, this is a Soviet epic, a rail-clanging odyssey you’ll never forget.
- getting into hot water at northern Baikal’s minispas for a spot of R&R Siberian-style
- bagging up your boots for the Frolikha Adventure Coastline Trail, one of Siberia’s most exhilarating long-distance hiking routes
- touring the BAM’s nicest town, St Petersburg-styled Komsomolsk-na-Amure, with Soviet monuments and nearby Nanai villages
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bratsk, Severobaikalsk & Around, Tynda, Komsomolsk-na-Amure.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.