Trans-Siberian Railway - The Baikal-Amur Mainline (Bam) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Baikal-Amur Mainline (BAM) chapter from Lonely Planet’s Trans-Siberian Railway guidebook.
Most people know the Trans-Siberian Railway, but how many can say they’ve heard of the ‘other’ Trans-Sib, its poor country cousin, the BAM? As great railway journeys go, this is a Soviet epic, a rail-clanging odyssey you’ll never forget.
- cross Lake Baikal for a dip in the isolated hot spring of Khakusy Spa
- pull on your boots for the long-distance Siberian hiking route, the Frolikha Adventure Coastline Trail
- tour the classical architecture and Soviet monuments of the BAM’s nicest town, Komso-molsk-na-Amure
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tayshet, Bratsk, Severobaikalsk & Around, Tynda, Komsomolsk-naAmure.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.