*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Trans-Siberian Railway - Lake Baikal: Krasnoyarsk to Ulan-Ude (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lake Baikal: Krasnoyarsk to Ulan-Ude chapter from Lonely Planet’s Trans-Siberian Railway guidebook.
If you’ve made it this far from Moscow or B?ij?ng, this 1500km ribbon of rail and sleeper is where things get interesting. Arguably the most varied stretch of the line, bid farewell to your provodnitsa (carriage attendant) along its length for some of the most memorable experiences Siberia has to offer.
- gazing out across the southern shores of Lake Baikal from a slow train between Irkutsk and Ulan-Ude, possibly the most attractive section of the entire Trans-Sib line
- taking the ultimate Trans-Sib branch line trip on the Circumbaikal Railway for some stunning Baikal vistas
- admiring the ostentatious 19th-century architecture of Irkutsk, once known as the ‘Paris of Siberia’
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Krasnoyarsk, Divnogorsk, Irkutsk, Listvyanka, Port Baikal, Bolshie Koty, Olkhon Island, South Baikal & the Tunka Valley, Ulan-Ude & Around, Eastern Baikal.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.