Trans-Siberian Railway - Lake Baikal: Krasnoyarsk to Ulan Ude (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lake Baikal: Krasnoyarsk to Ulan Ude chapter from Lonely Planet’s Trans-Siberian Railway guidebook.
This 1500km ribbon of rail and sleeper is where things get interesting. It is arguably the most varied stretch of the line, so bid farewell to your carriage attendant along its length for some of the most memorable experiences Siberia has to offer.
- gaze at the blue waters of Lake Baikal or get active on or around the Pearl of Siberia
- take a turn around Baikal’s rocky southern shore on the Circumbaikal Railway
- wander boulevards of haughty 19th-century architecture in Irkutsk
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Krasnoyarsk, Irkutsk, Lake Baikal, Listvyanka, Port Baikal, Olkhon Island, Slyudyanka, Eastern Baikal, Ulan-Ude & Around.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.