*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Trans-Siberian Railway - Beijing (PDF Chapter)
This is the Běijīng chapter from Lonely Planet’s Trans-Siberian Railway guidebook.
For weary Trans-Siberian travellers, Běijīng (北京) will feel like the figurative pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The 2008 Olympics were instrumental in transforming the Chinese capital, and perhaps for the first time since the Mongol invasion, Běijīng feels like a true international city, brimming with overseas business, cuisine of every kind, daring modern architecture and a thriving arts scene.
- hiking along China’s most famous icon, the Great Wall, then bunking up for the night in a village guesthouse
- marvelling at the splendour of the Forbidden City, the world’s largest palace complex
- rising at dawn to catch the flag-raising ceremony at iconic Tiān’ānmén Square
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 3 for 2 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.