Trans-Siberian Railway - Beijing (PDF Chapter)
This is the Beijing chapter from Lonely Planet’s Trans-Siberian Railway guide-book.
For weary Trans-Siberian travellers, Beijing feels like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The 2008 Olympics transformed Beijing, and it brims with cuisine of every kind, daring modern architecture and a thriving arts scene.
- hike along the Great Wall, then bunk up for the night in a village guesthouse
- marvel at the splendour of the world’s largest palace complex, the Forbidden City
- watch the flag-raising ceremony at iconic Tian’anmén Square
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Beijing.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.