Tokyo - Understand Tokyo & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Tokyo Today, History, Pop Culture, Arts & Architecture, Onsen, Transport, Directory A–Z and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Tokyo guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, pop culture and onsen to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get hints on the gay and lesbian scene and tips for women travellers, travelling with kids and travellers with disabilities.
- a rundown on traditional and contemporary architecture
- info on Tokyo today – a snapshot of the city
- full coverage of onsen, including where to soak and onsen etiquette
- details on pop culture: manga, anime, hyperfashion, futuristic design and robots
Coverage includes: Tokyo Today, History: From Humble Beginnings to the 21st Century, Pop Culture, including Manga, Anime, Hyperfashion, J-Pop and Robots, Arts & Architecture: Performing Arts, Visual Arts and Literature, Onsen: Where & How to Soak, Transport, Directory A–Z and Language.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.