Tokyo - Understand Tokyo and Survuval Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Tokyo Today, History, Tokyo Pop Culture, Arts & Architecture, On-sen, Transport, Directory A–Z, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Tokyo guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, culture and arts to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travel-lers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversa-tions with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on current affairs, the Olympics and Tokyo today
- info on manga, anime, hyperfashion and all Tokyo’s pop culture
- full coverage of the city’s history, from fishing village to world leader
- details on arts, architecture and onsen
Coverage includes: Tokyo Today, History, Tokyo Pop Culture, Arts & Ar-chitecture, Onsen, Transport, Directory A–Z, and Language.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout