Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Tokyo - Shinjuku & Northwest Tokyo (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
Shinjuku works neatly as a day-to-night destination. Morning is usually the best time of day to see Mt Fuji from the observatories atop the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building. Shinjuku’s east side really shines at night, with myriad bars, izakaya, karaoke parlours, and jazz haunts.
- explore the crackling neon canyons of Shinjuku, Tokyo’s biggest and most colourful nightlife district, where the vivacity and sheer volume of dining, drinking and entertainment options are something to behold.
- take in the immensity of the metropolis, which extends to the horizon, from the (free!) observatories atop Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building.
- laze on the lawn at Shinjuku-gyoen with a bentō (boxed meal) while gazing up at the surrounding skyscrapers.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.