*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Tokyo - Shibuya & Shimo-Kitazawa (PDF Chapter)
This is the Shibuya & Shimo-Kitazawa chapter from Lonely Planet’s Tokyo guidebook.
Shibuya is, above all, an entertainment district and it really comes alive at night. There are dance clubs, live-music venues, theatres and cinemas galore. It’s also worth spending some time in Shimo-Kitazawa, home to cafes and vintage shops, dive bars and underground live-music venues.
- lose yourself in the crowds at Shibuya Crossing, Japan’s busiest intersection, and get swept along in the beating heart of desire, aspiration and materialism that is Shibuya.
- eat, drink and shop your way down the Shibuya Center-gai’s always lively, neon-lit main drag.
- get lost in the tiny alleyways of well-loved, bohemian Shimo-Kitazawa, which offers a picture of how Tokyo might look if hippies – not bureaucrats – ran the city.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.